Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Visit to Bannerghatta


The majestic white tiger at bannerghatta


On Sunday, I had been to Bannerghatta wildlife sanctuary with a few friends. It was an amazing experience, although it was very depressing to see the human population surpassing the animal population at the sanctuary. We got to see a whole lot of wild animals --- Indian Python, Rat snakes, Russell’s vipers, King Cobras, Zebras, Bears, Leopards, Tigers, Lions, Hippos etc. I believe there are about 35 tigers at the sanctuary, including 3 white tigers. I didn’t get very good shots of the big cats as I hoped to get. Here are a few snaps that we managed to shoot. I wish I could take a break from work and shoot some more of the wildlife. Anyone willing to sponsor a wannabe wildlife photographer ??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes i agree that bannerghatta is a wonderfull place. And u are a nice photographer.. Keep it up

Anonymous said...

Yes i agree that bannerghatta is a wonderfull place. And u are a nice photographer.. Keep it up

Anonymous said...

I was at B ghatta recently and I agree that the visit left me a little depressed.The tigers were in a very agitative mood, probably, the continuous stream of safari vehicles was disturbing their sleep.I could see the sadness in the eyes of the caged Assamese monkeys.
Good photo.